What?? Summer is already half over? When I was younger, summer vacations went by fast too but I sure knew how to use them back then. They were all about sleeping in, chilling out, and having adventures with my mom and friends. Well, guess what? You don’t have to be a kid to do all of these things in the summer. Have you done them enough so? It is so important to take a summer break and the best way I know to do that is to make some girl time. Grab some girlfriends and plan some hangouts and fun activities. Spending down time with amazing women gives us a chance to share ideas and feelings that we might be bottling up, or just need to hear new viewpoints on. It refreshes our souls. Taking a break from the daily grind energizes us to get more done when we return to work time. There are so many ways to combine friends and fun and give your soul the break it needs from the daily grind. So, take summer breaks (not 3 full months, of course) and indulge in some me time/girl time.
Here are a few of the ways I get my summer break, girl time on:
- One of my favorite things is to go shopping with my mom. The cool thing is that now we don’t even have to leave the house. We can do it online and have access to tons of fantastic shops. I even started a shop of my own and filled it with some of my favorite things so I can share them with others. Invite a friend over, get some munchies and your favorite beverages and shop til you drop (the mouse). Here’s my site if you want to check it out to get you in the mood Sohaila’s Boutique of Treasures!
2. Get your group on a Groupon tour. Try a limo wine country ride or a group painting class. Get a groupon group and then set up a day of each month to do an activity. Let a new person select the groupon each month so that everyone gets to share things they want to try. Notify the group, get your pons, and get excited for the event day/night! It’s easy and you’ll have something fun to look forward to every month. No flaking – you’re not allowed to let your group down.
3. Have a makeup party and do glamour shots in a home studio. Pick the friends house with the most room at a long table and good lighting (or not so good, hehe), set up your mirrors and get your makeup on. Help each other try new techniques that you find in magazines or online. Then get out your phone cameras and click away. Set up several backgrounds or scenes before the party and pull out your party dresses. To share your fun time with other friends make your favorite pic your new facebook profile for the week.
4. Do a clothing swap party. A new outfit can make you feel fresh, especially when your friends help you pick something out of the norm for you. Girlfriends have a way of seeing us through a different lens than we see ourselves. They are great at knowing that we’ll look awesome in those hot red pants or that sequined skirt. Have everyone bring clothing they no longer wear or want and place it on a rack. Then, pick names out of a hat. This is your swap buddy. Now pick numbers and starting with 1, each person will select an outfit for their swap buddy. At the end of you all get to take your new outfit home.
5. Get crafty for a cause. Check out a cause that needs some sort of craft made for it. For instance, the shelters always need toys and simple things made for their cats and dogs. They usually include instructions on their websites. Gather together, get a few bottles of wine, and make the items to deliver to the cause the next day. You’ll get a fun break while also giving a break to someone (fur or furless persons) who need one, too!
6. Get your inner kid back with a trip to a water park or amusement park. Leave the kids at home so you can act like one. Get your best group of fun-lovers together and spend a day playing. Ride the rides you want, eat the foods you want, and see the exhibits you want. Dare each other to step outside of your fear zones and ride that huge waterslide! Bring new meaning to the lazy river. Get up and dance to the band together. Push each other on stage with the entertainers. Let go! Push your limits! Have fun!!
These are just some fun ideas for inspiration. How do you get your girl time on? Please share your thoughts!
Until next time!
Sense your Power, Seize the Day®!