October is here and everyone I know is already searching for that perfect Halloween costume. Let’s face it, this is the time of year when adults get to play dress up and we get to be whoever or whatever we want to be for a night. Well, I want you to know that you can reinvent yourself anytime just by rediscovering your core self and then making sure that your life honors who you really are. By practicing this on a regular basis you’ll recharge your life and relationships. Here are some ideas for reinventing, rediscovering, and recharging yourself this month:
- Get online and attend a class or webinar about reconnecting with yourself. I’m doing a free webinar “The Sense-ual Woman Webinar” on Thursday, October 27th, 11:00 AM and at 7 pm (PST) to help women do this. In my webinar, you’ll learn simple tools and strategies to awaken your inner timeless wisdom to your beautiful mind, body, and soul. If you miss the webinar, you can check out my video of it here.
- Read a great book about someone else’s self discovery journey. I love “Eat Pray Love” by Elizabeth Gilbert. It really inspires me to keep learning more about myself and to create a life that honors my personal values and the things and people I love.
- Take time out for yourself. Rediscover the things you love to do and spend time doing them. Sometimes we get caught up in doing things that others want us to do and we forget to do the things that make our souls happy. But by doing the things that fulfill us, we’re actually able to give our best selves to others.
- Exercise. If you recharge your body, you’ll find that it affects your mind and soul as well. There are low cost fitness and dance classes offered wherever you are, especially if you’re close to a community college. I teach Belly Dance at Palomar College in San Marcos, CA. I also teach NewVo Fitness classes at my studio in Escondido. Teaching these classes always recharges me.
- Invite change into your life. Often, we get to a point in our lives and everything seems stagnant and meaningless. We feel like we’re just going through the motions. We feel like we have a lot to be happy for but something is missing. This usually happens because we’ve been trying to be what others want us to be and we’ve lost sight of who and what we really are. When we invite change and stop being afraid of it, we allow a reconnection to our souls that makes great things possible. Check out this short story by Bernadette Loge and her “3 Powerful Insights About Finding Yourself and Creating Change.”
- Take a self-discovery quiz. The Myers & Briggs Type Indicator is a fun test that will help you get in touch with your true personality type. In 1921, Carl Jung published Psychological Types, in which he categorised people into primary types of psychological functions. In the 1940s Katharine Cook Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers built upon the research developed by Jung and developed their own theory of psychological types showcasing 16 personalities. You can take the test here for free.
- I spend time with uplifting mentors. These are the people you can count on to tell you the truth and to help you be your best. They really listen and get to know you. Whenever I have ideas or even doubts about myself, I run them by these trusted friends and advisors. I know that they won’t let me be untrue to myself or my mission in life. One of my all time favorite coaches is Sandye Linnetz. She is one of the most amazing accountability coaches I have ever worked with!These are just some fun ideas for inspiration. How do you reinvent, rediscover, and recharge yourself? Please share your thoughts!
Until next time!
Sense your Power, Seize the Day™!