New Year – New You!
Yep, it’s that time of year again…time to list all of the things that you want to accomplish this upcoming year. But unless you truly believe that you can make them happen, the things on your list will just end up in next year’s trash. Sorry to be harsh, but it’s true, right? We’ve all done it. The key to making resolutions really happen is self-belief. If you believe that you have what it takes to accomplish your goals, you will make them happen. If you don’t…well, you know how that goes. So, make sure you spend time building your self concept and finding out what your true strengths are before you make your plans for the new year. I’ve listed some ways that you can create a new, more self confident you. I hope they help you make the most of the new year.
Here are some ideas for creating strong self-belief:
- Let others share their wisdom with you. Whatever road you are traveling, you can be pretty sure that someone has walked it before you. These people, let’s call them mentors, have amazing advice to impart and guess what? They love to help others! Check out the interviews in my January Video Summit for fantastic pearls of wisdom by some of the most innovative and creative people I know. I will post all the information shortly!
- Learn an empowering skill that makes you feel strong and beautiful. For me, that skill is belly dance. At the age of 12, I started taking classes and I never stopped. I credit dance for my strong sense of self and confidence. I offer belly dance classes and private lessons but if that’s not your thing, then try different classes until you find something that sparks your soul.
- Get involved in your community. Helping others is a great way to build your own self-image. You’ll come away feeling great about yourself and you’ll get fantastic ideas from all of the people you interact with.
- Tackle something you know you can complete easily and quickly. Clean your closet. Sell that old bike online. Organize a kitchen drawer or cupboard. Mend that favorite sweater. Finishing small weekly tasks builds self-confidence and you’ll also start seeing major results in uncluttering your life.
- Practice positive mantras about your abilities. For example, “I am great with money and can stay in my budget.” or “I am a fun person to be around and I know that I will be a great partner.” Tailor them to yourself. Really think about your strong traits. Say them everyday in front of the mirror. You will start to believe your words.
- If you’re having trouble tooting your own horn, have a Horn Tooting party. Invite a few good friends over for lunch or dinner and then play a game. Each of you has to come up with a really good thing about the others. Go around a circle and take turns giving each other these mantras. Write down the ones your friends give you and repeat them daily.
- Surround yourself with people who have like goals. Help each other stay on track to achieve them. Phone call check-ins and weekly meetings are a great way to do this. We rise to the company we keep. It’s true. That’s why I love spending time with you!
These are just some fun ideas for inspiration.
How will you promote self-belief to reach your goals for the new year? Please share your thoughts!
Until next time!
Sense your Power, Seize the Day™!